Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault parts from main dealer, aaarrrhhh!!!

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 1st December 2011 Thread Starter
lag gt 205
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: renault parts from main dealer, aaarrrhhh!!!

Originally Posted by dave_mezza2006 View Post
You were totally within your rights to demand a like for like hire car. Once when I was rear ended and my car (The Laguna II at the time) was off the road for 6 weeks the garage gave me a Citroen C1 as a courtesy car. I was due to drive 500 miles up to inverness the weekend after the accident and there was no way I wanted to travel that distance in such a small car. Anyways, after a quick call to the other persons insurance company, they paid for the hire of a brand new Passat (god how bland and boring are they inside).

I agree with Paul, its very strange that they hired you a Vauxhall ! You may also want to clarify with the dealership that it is they who are paying for the hire car and not you - perhaps get it in writing too, and also do like Paul says and give RCS a call.

The hired car is from enterprise(hence no renault), which is next door to the renault dealer. A little bit more of the story...... i put my car into reanult for a service (45000 mile) and new timing belt, all went well apart from the water pump needed replaced as it was leaking(i new this already). i also asked them to check out the aforementioned knocking, which turned out to be the driveshaft, they gave me a quote of 550 to supply and fit, they would get the part next day. I said okay. Next day got a call, the driveshaft they recieved wasnt the correct part, they would try to source the correct one..... then my story started!, then called to say renault would have to manufacture the part wich could take 2 weeks. after 2 weeks the parts dept did call me and asked for a copy of my driving licence to apply to renault for a courtesy/hire car as this should speed them up.

thanks for your advice, i will call rcs , and i will let you know the outcome..

cheers, john
Currently in lag gt 205's garage:
2005 laguna II gt205
The Following User Says Thank You to lag gt 205 For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (1st December 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome