Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - About to buy a Clio Dci... advice please!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
About to buy a Clio Dci... advice please!

Hello...I'm looking to buy a Clio Dci 65 and wanted to ask some questions to those in the know. I found one that looked like it might become mine and went to have a look at it earlier today but came away really disappointed. It was in decent condition and was at a dealer that had done a cambelt change, service etc. It all looked good until I got into it and it stank like an ashtray, had stained doorcards and seats and it also had a dodgy steering wheel cover that was actually glued on. And the steering wheel looked like it had melted in some places. I took it for a test drive because I thought all those points were things that could be sorted but it drove like a bag of nails - the engine was good but the clutch was so heavy. I've never driven a car with a clutch pedal that needed so much effort to depress! Is this normal for a Clio Dci of this age (2002)? If not, is the clutch on its way out / does the cable need some attention etc? The brake pedal was also very, very firm - it had about an inch of travel and as soon as i touched it got nearly full brake force, which was horrible - there was no progressive feeling in it.

I walked away fairly disappointed that it felt so awful to drive and hope that they aren't all like this. I'm testing one tomorrow morning which I hope will be better but any advice you guys could give me on what they should be like in terms of clutch and brake feel would be appreciated. And if there's anything I need to be looking out for then please let me know.

Thank you,

Currently in SimG's garage:
Kawasaki ZX6.... soon a Clio Dci, I think
  5 Lastest Threads by SimG
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
About to buy a Clio Dci... advice please! Cars & motoring HUD Engineer 15 3156 2nd December 2011 10:03 PM
Hello from Bath Welcome to RenaultForums 4 506 2nd December 2011 09:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome