Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Espace 2004 2.0T Rear Brakes

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Grand Espace 2004 2.0T Rear Brakes

Just changed the discs and pads on the rear. Solved the problem of the park brake and when removed found offside inner disc scored. The piston was a Bxxxxx to wind back in but after a little effort a click heard and it returned easily back into the seal.
This morning starting the car found various lights displayed, Yellow P Flashing red handbrake light and rear brake faulty on info screen. A short drive cancelled the message and the flashing handbrake but the yellow P remains. I raised the rear to check for resistance on the pads, the offside was sticky, it turned but with effort. The nearside turned as I would expect, small pad noise. Have I missed something? The yellow handle between the seats doesnt appear to do anything, can this seize? The cable moves easily at the top, but what is below to release. My limited knowledge I suspect brake cables, or the caliper, would that explain the light though>?
Currently in andy2ono's garage:
Renault Grand Espace 2.0T
  5 Lastest Threads by andy2ono
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grand Espace 2004 2.0T Rear Brakes Brakes/Hubs andy2ono 1 886 3rd December 2011 09:09 AM
New to Renault Welcome to RenaultForums IT66 3 479 3rd December 2011 08:41 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome