Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket parking sensors on Laguna 2

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 22nd September 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by SportTourer
When reversing up to low walls and grass banks - surely it is better to have low mounted sensors. Too high and the sensors wouldn't pick up the wall and .....

To be honest, although both of our cars have them I don't really take that much notice of them, when they beep continually there is still about 10" to spare - this extra space is very handy when trying to get in/out of tight parking spots.

Although both of our cars have reverse sensors, this is one "gimmick" I would not pay extra for ( unless possibly I had a van or a saloon car, but not hatch or estate). I have never had reverse sensors before and could manage again without. Unlike air con, I would never go back to a car without air con after having had it.
If the sensors are too low as soon as you engage reverse they will start to bleep as they pick up signals from the road suface making then useless.
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome