Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault parts from main dealer, aaarrrhhh!!!

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2011
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,304 Posts
Re: renault parts from main dealer, aaarrrhhh!!!

Originally Posted by lag gt 205 View Post
Okay guys, All is good with regards to the hire car issue.
I called renault customer support and spoke to a very nice guy, he already had a case file opened and new the story. He advised me that the part was ordered and that france have confirmed the part will be available 8th of dec, although it will not reach the dealer until, at latest 13th dec. Why couldnt the dealer tell me that?.
He said that renualt have an obligation to ensure replacement parts are readily available for their vehicles (no matter the age), and if a car is off the road due to parts not available, they will manufacture, and during that period they will pay the dealer a daily ammount to provide the customer with a hire car. He said this would be paid out for as long as it takes, obviously, renault could (and have in my case) take a hit with this, but " the financial loss is less important that customer satisfaction".
So all good on that front, apart from the fact i am still 2 weeks from getting my car back!!!

thaks fo rall your help guys, john
Great stuff, at least now you know that you wont get a surprise bill at the end of it for the hire car rental !

Thanks for posting the update.
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome