Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - bodywork repairs Wolverhampton

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th December 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
bodywork repairs Wolverhampton

My Megane 2 sport tourer has unfortunately been in the wars due to somebody pulling out in front of me. The front bumper is split in several places and the lights have been pushed back against the wings, cracking the lights and pushing the wings out of alignment. The bonnet whilst undamaged is twisted in relation to the wings and bumper so I am concerned there may have been some movement of the actual underlying structure of the vehicle.

I will be looking to get this done on the other driverís insurance. Following a previous very bad experience where an approved repairer tried to repair a car which should have been a cat b total loss which took 18 months to resolve I am very wary of insurers own approved repairers. I am also very aware that some repairers are known to adjust panel gaps to hide distortion of the shell or structure following accidents rather than properly straighten the vehicle to keep the cost of repairs low for the insurer.

I would take it to a Renault bodyshop but the nearest one is in Leicester.

Does any one have a recommendation of a repairer in the Wolverhampton area who have provided a very good standard of repair and service. The repairer would need to be large enough to have Jig facilities to check the alignment of the front chassis legs and inner wings in view of the visible miss alignment.

I appreciate forum rules state no bad mouthing suppliers or repairers so please consider this when responding. Only positive recommendations please.
Currently in darashen's garage:
2003 Fiat Punto
The Following User Says Thank You to darashen For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (4th December 2011)
  5 Lastest Threads by darashen
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
megane dci compression test question. Engines bugsb 1 697 26th April 2014 09:02 AM
Megane DCI smoking heavily Engines bugsb 7 1497 12th April 2014 06:28 AM
Tyre side wall failure Wheels & tyres IT66 11 2913 28th September 2013 05:07 PM
bodywork repairs Wolverhampton Bodywork darashen 2 1172 4th December 2011 04:36 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome