Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - bodywork repairs Wolverhampton

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: bodywork repairs Wolverhampton

Thanks for a very helpfull and detailed response.

Is it possible to see the slots on the inner wing ends without removing any parts for example using a dental mirror. This would give me an idea of what has moved about. I know the undertray or slam panel cover have to be removed to check the cross members. The headlight damage is not severe it has just cracked the outer plastic covers at the top where they meet the wings so looks like the bumper pushed upwards on impact ( was hard on the brakes so the nose dipped down as i connected). The concern with the bonnet is that nothing hit the bonnet but it is clearly twisted at an angle but still opens and closes normally. The wings have moved out all the way along and there is a clear step in from the rear of the the wing to the door of about 5mm on both sides and the nearside wing has come aware from the cill.

I work in the insurance claims sector so I will be looking to deal with my claim against the other drivers insurers myself. I am just trying to ensure I get the best possible standard of repair on the vehicle. I am quite capable of repairing it as I restore classics but I already have one ongong resto so dont want to have to sort my daily runner as well when it's somebody elses fault.

I cant see it being a total loss as it is a 2006 with panoramic sunroof, in dash cd changer and all the electric packs added on accept the dreaded tyre pressure monitor. In view of this would need about 3500 of repairs to be even a cat D based on it's retail value. I cant see it being that much to be honest.
Currently in darashen's garage:
2003 Fiat Punto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome