Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - erratic steering when accelerating/braking

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: erratic steering when accelerating/braking

you need eyes on the wheel to see whats its doing.
one way, drive up and down and have someone watch the wheel as you go past to look for obvious bearing issues (wobbly wheel etc) or have them follow you on a dual carriageway next to you and see if you can induce the fault. they should be able to see if there is any major movement of the strut assembly.

you never know you might then spot whats up, along with a WTF! when you actually see what it does

i had similar, with a rear bearing a few years ago, i was following my car(old lag1 being driven by a mechanic to my home address) in my lag2 and saw that the rear NS wheel was looking like it was about to fall off, the bearing pins had partly colapsed and was wobbling like it was about to fall off the hub, yet it couldnt be felt at all whilst driving it.
it didnt show up when checked by the garage and during the MOT.
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome