Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - what other modifications?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: what other modifications?

I think he listed whats already done,not a "what do you think of these options?", could be wrong.

The reason I asked about the tyres is, when it comes time to change the 17 in tyres you might be able to go up to say a 45 profile (if you do your measurements).
This would raise the gearing and perhaps make the speedo more inaccurate , or more accurate depending what it shows now.

Acceleration..if it was a petrol engine greater wheel/tyre size might affect it adversely , diesel probably not as long as you dont have problems moving off in first gear.

On the window tints, I dont mean to sound critical but the best pic is the very dark one at night, cos you dont see the difference between the front and rear side windows.
I had a citroen ax diesel van, for reduced purchase cost from new.
It was red. Since it was converted to "van" before I bought it, the rear windows were steel plates (painted red)with the rubber window surround.
I had the "steel windows" painted black before I even picked it up and later put on some aftermarket window tint film on the front side windows to try n make it look like a "real car".
It was only semi successfull and it was a btrd tryin to see out the side windows on a dark night.

Point Im making is the rear side windows on yours look a little dark in daylight pics compared to the front mho.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 7th December 2011 at 10:09 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome