Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #212 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Can I join in with this fault.

Ignition coils failed last year, symptoms: ignition coil (electronic fault?) light came on a few times after start up, shutting down and restarting fixed that, but... a few months later, without the warning light it was stuttering and kicking. Had the coils replaced and she's been fine for a year.

The last 2 months the warning light has appeared at start up and cleared after a restart.

This morning however I started to lose power, first the car would only hold 60mph with the foot on the floor, then it started to slow 50, 40, 30, so I pulled into a lay-by switched her off and on again and ... she got me to work fine.

I had a sub woofer unit installed a few months back and this morning I was running it really high when the fault happened. I'd just over taken a car and van so I'm lucky it waited till afterwards.

Suppose I should have it left it for a check at the weekend, don't need it tomorrow.

What do you think about these possible causes?:

1. New subwoofer over loading the alternator (it's 300W RMS, 900W Peak)?
2. It was incredibly windy (60mph gales) and wet, could be water ingress or air filter suffucation?
3. The ignition coils are going again?

Currently in venquessa's garage:
2002 Renault Clio 1.2 Dynamique (NI Reg), 2007 Kawasaki KLE 500
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome