Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Radio Code Factory Fitted

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Radio Code Factory Fitted

Originally Posted by blip007 View Post
my radio has lost the codes . i have the code but when i switch it on the display just says "code", i cant seem to get the 0000 up so i can then change the zeros into the codes ???? please help
Have you fixed it yet?

Only I did mine the other day (Clio 2003 DCi 1.5 80) after having a new battery fitted.

I did it this way...

turn radio on and the display will show four square looking zeros - waiting for the code to be put in. The first blank zero will be flashing.

using the volume wheel on the radio itself, and press the > arrow to make number go up. (< to go down)
The important bit:
THEN - press the number 2 on the station selector on the front of the radio -
this will make the second blank square zero flash.. waiting for the next code number.

Use the volume wheel again pressing the > arrow until you reach the next code number.
Then - press number 3 on the station selector and the third blank zero will flash.
Input the third number of the code using the > arrow on the volume wheel
and finally press number 4 on the station selector to get the fourth blank zero to flash.
Use the > arrow again to put in the last of your code.

Then (I think - I pressed all the buttons! ) on the volume wheel - press whatever is at the ''12 o'clock position'' on the dial -
failing that try all the buttons (except the station selector ones!!) like I did and the radio should work -
you'll hear a bleep and the radio will come on.

It's a shame Renault doesn't even give you a hint how to do this in the owner's manual!!
Currently in BillaBongBaby's garage:
03 CLIO 80 Billabong 1.5DCi special edition in metallic Blue or is it Green?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome