Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Laguna 2 - engine - Diesel emissions failure

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 22nd September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi all
Well I went to change the EGR valve and as I tried to take it out it would not budge, it was seized I had to take the inlet manifold, exhaust manifold and turbo off, a bit of a pig of a job.

Then I had to drill the EGR valve out, it was seized right in!!!, What a nightmare this was..

Anyway got it out and put everything back new EGR etc....

I let the car warm up then took it out and drove for ages in 2nd and 3rd, flooring it keeping the revs on the limiter etc...

I really thought I cleared all the rubbish out.

Took it for retest and it Failed again..The car was warm when it was tested, also it was driven hard in 2nd and 3rd just before it went for the MOT...

The emision pipe was put on the car and on the first revs it went up to 5 m-1 on the 2nd and 3rd revs it went right down to 1.9 m-1 but on the 4th rev it went right up again???to 5-6 m-1 so it carries on and does another 3 and they were high....

There machine has been checked out and is working correctly...Other cars were ok..

When i'm driving and i floor it I don't get that much smoke, I tend to get the smoke when under load for example if I go up a hill in 3rd instead of 2nd more smoke is visiable..

I do over 550 miles to a tank so I cannot understand why its smoking so much, Could the cat be blocked???? or possibly there must be a sensor gone or somethin like that....

If i unplug the EGR would I get much more smoke coming out ..The wiring is ok I've checked it...

What is an ital tune up and what is involved in the tune up as I thought there was no adjustments with these new type of engines.

Currently in merky's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II Tourer 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome