Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

Originally Posted by Barbara28 View Post
First many thanks to all the above for very useful info. I have a 2005 1.6 Modus automatic but it has only done about 15,000 miles. Now in Spain and the same thing happened to me. Needless to say, there are problems with getting the problem solved in the local garage.
Havig read the thread I'd rather find out myself what is wrong. I have taken off the screws at the bottom of the door, the two holding the speakers in and the one in the door handle recess but the door panel still refuses to budge. Is there any way I can get the panel off without damaging it?
I have just experienced the dreaded snapped plastic clip holding the window to the winder mechanism on my 04 30k modus. Just another sorry tale to add to the Sunroof that stopped working and is now jammed shut after I refused to pay 1500 to have it fixed, the faulty coils and the sticking petrol flap.
Man I so hate this car and it couldn't have come at a worse time - my wife visiting her mother in a coma in hospital and the window bloody breaks in the car park. Gets bloody soaked with all the rain and the 80 mph wind - needless to say she is very upset.

Anyway rant over - remove the bottom screws. Remove the screw in the door handle . Prise up the internal door closer and the plastic bit that holds the window /mirror switches. Unclip the electrical connectors Pull the top half of the door card towards you and then the rest of the door card you push upwards. Then you could slit the internal membrane near the bottom to probably find in all it's glory the broken blue plastic clip - nice piece of shoddy engineering
Currently in Spudmurphy's garage:
Fiat Punto & Renault Modus & Clio
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome