Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane III plastic body parts removal.?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2011 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Megane III plastic body parts removal.?

Originally Posted by coup View Post
Im specifically interested in :

1.removal of the rear unpainted plastic part of the bumper while still on the car.
Heh yeh I too have the semi official not allowed to be linked bodywork manual "shh glances from side to side nervously"

I could remove the whole thing "The whole plastic rear"easily enough but there is also the radar sensors to be repositioned if doing that.+reg plate lights.
It comes down to(for me) vinyl wrapping, I would need to seperate the 2 plastic parts easily either on or off the car without replacing the clips.
Between the painted and unpainted parts I had previously removed all the push lugs tabs but there are "metal clips" a few of them something like the springs on wooden clothes pegs which hold the painted and unpainted parts together.These will have to be removed to seperate the bits whether its on car or not, and the manual says they "should be replaced" .

The side mouldings, as above..the door part seems ok its the non door part as youve seen yourself ..and the possible breakages Im worried about.
Wrapping in vinyl.. if I do even try the sides. I couldnt just do the door bit and leave the next bit know what I mean Im sure.

Thx for the reply tho man.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 9th December 2011 at 08:57 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome