Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #210 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

I have a Scenic II 2006. Fan setting 2 stopped some time ago,then in July/August 1 and 3 stopped and finally last month no.4 stopped (just as 'winter'arrived in the north of England).
I started searching for information to identify the problem and it's resolution and came across this thread.
I want to thank everyone who suggested ways to proceed ,especially for the photos in 'post 17' .
At first I was getting prepared to tackle the work myself(although I am not sure I could have managed it) .
After reading posts about contact with Renault Customer Service and having a history of owning Renaults I proceeded as follows:
Went to my local garage,who I have dealt with for many years, armed with photos and print-outs of owner's problems on this thread.
Immediately referred to RCS ,but they did a quick check and confirmed the problem was fused resistor and connecter wires.They gave me a quote of just under 300 to sort it out.
I e-mailed RCS the quote with a letter saying that 60 people (the people reporting the same problem here) had this problem and Renault should pick up the cost.
RCS phoned me within 2 days and it was obvious that my history of having had previous Renaults, serviced at the same garage, put me in a good position.
The end result is we agreed to split the costs 50/50 and today the fan is back in operation.
May I just add that I am 70+ and these days every penny saved is very welcome.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome