Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

thanks for the reply

well all i can say is mission accomplished

i opted for just the ecu swap as a way forward to help all others WITHOUT REMOVING THE BUMPER, some may say im lazy some may say im a problem solver, i know what i am lol

removed the wheel any arch splash sheld i was gonna remove the bumper but 1 of the t25 screws on drivers side was spinning so thort f**k it and left the bumper on and just removed the one side *see pic* i know not the best way but meh
and to rub it in my bolts didnt snap on the inner arch where bumper is held up
i removed the 3 pump to braket mouting screws and the 2 braket to chassis bolts and bent the braket out the way (i know not the best) but i needed to, to remove the upper pump motor screw the lower one can be done through the hole at the bottom then its a case of bushing the radiator bottom hose out the way and spinning, twisting wiggling the ecu round and out to freedom i then set about fitting the new unit, which with out bending the 2 prongs which is really really hard, for your sake dont do this if you have the patience of a nat
anyway 2 screws back in nice and tight multi plug back on (very stiff) and a test run card in and all good so bend braket back and box back to gether when finished i went for a run, bit of speed on then gave it a stomp and felt the kick back through the pedal stright away all lights off job done

i must say that it sorted my problem it may sort many others but there may be some with sticky valves so dont moan at me if this dont fix yours and have to swap the block too
i really think the problen is the cheapness if the ecu if it would be better if they was soldered but thats my thort

time for some pluggin
whilst the wheel was off i noticed my tyre was ready for changing a local company did me a 225/45/17 z rated brand new sunny for 42 ok its not a michelin but a budget for 42 thats great so if your in hull
AJS Tyreman 07957206047

and finally a thanks to TTT there's loads of great info from you and i would of just swapped the full pump if not for reading all what you saidhave one on me, i might not of done it as any renault manual would but i did it my way
just got to do the engine running light now and rear axle bushes, i know which im doing first
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P121211_13.020001.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	14708   Click image for larger version

Name:	P121211_13.020002.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	14709   Click image for larger version

Name:	P121211_14.080001.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	14710   Click image for larger version

Name:	P121211_14.470001.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	14711  
Currently in dannyc's garage:
2002 bmw 330 e46, 2012 ford transit connect

Last edited by Devils Laguna; 12th December 2011 at 11:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dannyc For This Useful Post:
TTT (13th December 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome