Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 2006 Passenger side headlamp is too low.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th December 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Scenic 2006 Passenger side headlamp is too low.

Both main beam and sidelight bulbs blew at same time, really i decided to replace.
I removed the headlamp motor (twisted anti-clockwise and slid out) and fuse box cover, on passenger side to gain better access for my big hands and arms. (at no time did I feel anything break or pull with force when removing the motor).
The headlight dropped. I replaced the bulb.
For the love of me I now cannot get the headlight to come back up to correct height, around 2 inches of it are shinning below the bumper. The motor is still working, the adjuster, only moves the light very little.
Does anyone know the correct way to get the motor seated inside the light assembly again? Or how to setup the motor? or light level? the motor dosnt seem to grip the light assembly correctly for lifting it up..

Anyone know how to take the bumper off and remove the headlight? for a closer inspection. My forearm is now wrecked with all the tight space refinement trying to get motor working.
Currently in stevengw's garage:
2006 Renault Scenic 2.0 Turbo 165 Privilege Petrol
  5 Lastest Threads by stevengw
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 2006 Passenger side headlamp is too low. Bodywork stevengw 4 1218 13th December 2011 10:32 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome