Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #215 of (permalink) Old 16th December 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

I also have this problem with the heater controls on my 2004 1.9dci Scenic. Number 3 doesn't work at all and I have noticed in the last few days a burning smell through the vents when using numbers 2 and 4.

This thread has been a lifesaver and I would like to thank everyone who has contributed. It has taken a while to read it in full and being a complete novice, even I now think that I could have a go at fixing it.

However, I still have a couple of questions that to my mind, have not been made clear.....

Q1. Some comments say that they have either 5 or 6 wires on their existing loom but the new one has 7. What happens to the extra wires?

Q2. The pictures of the new resistor pack that people are buying has black and red wires leading off to another connector plug, Where does this plug go? is it easy to locate this plug or am I looking to splice this to the existing wiring too?

Q3. If I buy the parts from Renault, does it include all the connectors I need? If I need to splice the resistor pack red/black wires too, is there a certain load rating that I need the connectors to be?

Q4. I have read posts talking about changing the pollen filter. Even with my blowers on number 4 the amount of air coming through the vents is tiny compared to other cars I have owned. Will changing the pollen filter resolve this problem, and where do I find it?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure of exactly what I'm doing before I start taking the car apart.

Currently in cheshley's garage:
2005 Scenic 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome