Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - espace mk4 2004 what to look for?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: espace mk4 2004 what to look for?

Originally Posted by Big Dav View Post
I have a petrol Mk4 - rear springs can snap, make sure there are the two keycards and that both work fully - both should have the spare metal key in the dark grey pull out section of the key. Ensure all the pixels in the dash display are working, central locking systems, electric windows, you shouldbe able to check the next due service mileage, fuel cosnumption etc by pressing the end of the wiper control stalk to scroll through the computer display functions, ensure the setabelts return on all the seats, ensure the electric handbrake releases both manually using the dash mounted control and on the automatic drive-off facility.

Check all the heater control functions and the radio/cd as fitted.

The car has a fuel cap-less system where you just stick the pump nozzle in, make sure the emergency filler pipe is present (usually stored in the boot area side bins, also check the adjuster tool exists to adjust the floor rail sliders for the rear seat slider arrangement.

Can;t think of anythiong else at the moment other than usual buying-a-car advice of MOT, service history, reg doc, etc etc.
Good luck.
thanks for that
been to look at 3 now and each one of them has had a noisy gearbox
the one i wanted was noisy in 3/4, another one was the same and the other which was a really good spec was noisy in 1/2 5/6, gutted now to be honest
i know the bearings in the gearbox are a weak link but to have 3 with the same problem
if i was knowledgeable enough i would take the gearbox out and replace the suspect bearings but i don't have the tools or the know how and i would think a garage would charge me a fortune or tell me to fit another out of a breaker,but the trouble how good is that one
has anybody on here ever had this problem fixed by a garage? what did they charge? is there any mechanics on here that would take the job on?
i live in the nw but i am prepared to travel
Currently in scar's garage:
laguna tourer dci 2002
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome