Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #125 of (permalink) Old 21st December 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

I had my rear suspension/shock absorbers replaced a few months ago, apparently i snapped the whole thing and the mechanic said he's never seen one snapped as bad as mine (Renault Scenic Dynamique 2WD 2001). Didn't realise it was common in Renault Scenic's until i joined this site! Now i have a problem with the revs, struggles with power/acceleration between each gear shift (revs past 3-4 rpm then back down between 1-2 rpm.) Auto electrician said the scanner picked up the throttle body as well as the pedal potentiometer codes! Had both parts replaced with brand new parts and i STILL have the same problem. Then he said my clutch needs replacing due to slipping because the two parts i replaced caused the clutch to slip quicker. What does the clutch have to do with the body throttle/pedal potentiometer when the two are totally different parts? I had a brand new clutch put in 3 years ago so i don't believe it's my clutch slipping! There is no noise coming from the clutch (pushing it all the way down to the floor) with the car idle or switched off and it's not jumping out of gears either! Does anyone know what might be causing the rev to go so high (up and down) when i try to accelerate the car is choking, trying to go but with little power? It's more noticable between 1st and 2nd gear. I might be in the wrong section but i thought i'd try my luck here anyway. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Currently in Klo's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome