Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Interiors - Air Bag Fault Lights

View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio - Interiors - Air Bag Fault Lights

Thanks guys. You've just saved me a fortune. My airbag and SERV lights have been on since I've owned the car (51 Clio 1.2, owned for 5 years).

Local Renault dealer said it would cost 'several hundred pounds' to fix. I've just checked under my passenger seat,wiggled the connector and voila! no more warning lights.

Would like to try the more permanent fix of cutting and soldering the wires as suggested BUT I seem to have a few more wires under there;

On one side of the connector is a single, thin black wire and an orange-sleeved cable with blue and brown wires inside.

On the other side are three separate thin wires; one is black, one is mauve/purple and the other looks kind of pale yellow.

So, which to cut and which to connect?

I'm happy just wiggling the connector for the time being but my daughter wishes to take her driving test in the Clio and the DSA website says that a vehicle with an airbag warning light showing is NOT suitable for taking your test in.

Any suggestions?
Currently in b12bandit's garage:
51 clio 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome