Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I despair...

Thread: I despair...
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 23rd September 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
We're having a bit of a time with our Main dealers too, bought the car a few months ago and it's been in the main dealer 4 times now every time they say it's fixed we go to collect it and it's the same as when it went in. So far the diagnosis has been steering column, front strut bearings and now they are saying steering rack, I honestly don;t think they know what they are doing.
I've asked for an itemised sheet of what they have done when we pick it up this time, they tell me that they don't do that as it's being done on the warranty and that any main dealer will be able to bring up the details on a computer, so what if you don't want to take it to a main dealer again as the warranty is up in November, I'm thinking of taking it to the AA for a full check when it comes back to see if they have actually done what they say they have done, I know it'll cost me but I'm worried that they'll have only done a patch up job on it, do you think this is a good idea?

They did tell me they were putting a new steering column in this has now changed and they tell me they didn't that they put a shock absorber and new bolt in, I don;t trust them after that
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome