Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Heater Fan Fix

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 23rd December 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Re: Renault Scenic I - Heater Fan Fix

Great forum and threads. Thanks to all. I've had my 99 Scenic 1 (no a/c) apart to fix the common heater fan problem. First speed 4 cut out then 1-3 became intermittent then died.

I've had a serious water ingress through the footwell (which I've fixed by removing the rubber flaps in the drain holes as per other threads), but I suspected there has been long-term leakage through the resistor pack.

Sure enough, the pack was heavily corroded (with added leaves and dead flies!). I've scraped all the connections quite clean, and soldered a new 192 thermal fuse (81p now!) onto the resistor pack. But no joy - still nothing on any speed. I've also had the motor out and visually inspected it - looks fine, no signs of corrosion, water ingress etc. The switch unit looks okay too.

I'm guessing that the resistor pack needs replacing fully. Anyone got any other ideas?

Also, since mine is a French import and therefore LHD, will a used motor and/or resistor pack from an RHD fit?

Cheers, Stuart
Currently in Odysseus's garage:
1999 1.6 Scenic I RTE (LHD)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome