Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Which models should Renault retain?

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 25th December 2011
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Re: Which models should Renault retain?

Manufacturers have been obsessed with 'niches' and having many different ranges to try and cover everything,Renault aren't any different and have suffered as a result.Does there really need to be a Clio estate?.Does there really need to be a Grand Scenic,why not just produce one that covers everything?.Did it really need the Modus and the Clio together?.Was the Wind really needed when a Clio Cabrio would have done the job just as well?.

Dropping the Espace and the Laguna is a mistake,the rest don't really add anything to the range so they can go.I guess they are dropping the Laguna as the fleet car market for the model has all but dissapeared due to companies having their fingers burnt with the previous model,but the need for a car in the Mondeo/Passat/Insignia bracket would I would have thought been important for the company.I see more Lag 3's around than I do many other models in the segment,but I guess Renault know best though.

Hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit and drop the models that really aren't needed and concentrate more on making the models they do produce better and more reliable.
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome