Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I despair...

Thread: I despair...
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 24th September 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Use independents!

I bought my Clio from a very good indepent dealership in York (DJ Woodcocks, D&J Woodcock) because I was appalled by the service of my local dealer - Dixons.

I was having a wander round their forecourt 18 months ago looking for a clio with fogs, alloys, spoiler (i.e. at least a dynamique). I had done my homework big time so knew exactly what to look for.

There weren't any there, so I was coaxed inside by a salesman who sat me down (no offer of a coffee, etc) and took my requirements. Would you believe it, there was a Clio slightly newer than I was looking for but also slightly more expensive. Higher mileage though. I was interested, but it was in a lock-up outside the county and I would need to put a deposit down to view it, i.e. I would pay for it to be brought here. I expressed concern at putting money down, but to my shame he talked me into it.

As I left something just didn't smell right, so with all the details of the car he had given me (including number plate) I went onto Dixons website and found the VERY SAME car on sale at their Doncaster dealership - i.e. not in a lock up. Not only that, it was on sale for £500 less than the price he had given me on the paperwork!!!

Needless to say I was back there within half an hour with a print off of this, and they couldn't give me my money back quickly enough. I found this an absolutely shocking way to do business. I should never have handed the money over, but it appalls me that this could be happening to other people. Next day I was at Woodcocks, test driving a 3 yr old Clio Dynamique with 13k on the clock, spotless, a great buy. His words when I collected it later in the week were "thats a gem of a car, look after it, we don't find many that good." Typical sales patter perhaps, but his after sales service has been spot on too.

Will take a lot to get me back in a main dealer....
Currently in redsmac's garage:
2002 Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome