Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Looking to get a Clio Expression '03 - what to look out for?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th December 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Looking to get a Clio Expression '03 - what to look out for?

Hi all - my wife has recently passed her test and is looking to upgrade from the Ka she was using for between lessons to practise.

She's spotted an '03 Expression 53800 miles in a local reputable small independent and we had a look today. I'd read the main problems were electrics and suspension - a push on the body work found no creaks or slow springs and as far as I could tell the electronics and electricals were ok. I checked the oil cap for white 'cream' as well. We've put down a refundable deposit subject to a test drive tomorrow.

Any hints from anyone for what to look or listen for in the drive tomorrow? Have seen you can get the dashboard to do a self-diagnostic - is this worth doing? Are Clios rust magnets in any particular area? We've not had a Renault before so need any hints we can get

Currently in bradfrankshaw's garage:
Vauxhall Zafira, about to get a Clio II
  5 Lastest Threads by bradfrankshaw
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Looking to get a Clio Expression '03 - what to... Cars & motoring bradfrankshaw 2 529 27th December 2011 04:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome