Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Creaking sunroof!! Driving me nuts!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th December 2011 Thread Starter
Jordan Housley
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Creaking sunroof!! Driving me nuts!

Hi i have just recently purchased a renault clio 1.4 mk2. Its my first car as i am 17, i have had quite a few problems with it which i have put right e.g. replacment of the front shock asorbers and also three out of the four wheel bearings and have got a feeling that the fourth will be coming up for replacing soon. As well as the front driver side drive shaft. But all have been fairly easy to fix.

But i have hit one of the most irritating problems what i can not seem to overcome. I have scanned hours for soultions and cant seem to find them. My electric sunroof had a knocking problem on the front, mainly towards the corners. Me and a friend decided to research the problam and diagnoised it as the sunroof was knocking against the body work. So we went about taking the whole sun roof out, siliconing the parts what touched the body work and then putting it back in. This was a massive succes, the sunroof works perfectly and the knocking has disapeared.

But now at the back of the sunroof has developed and creaking and cracking noise. It one of the most off putting noises a driver could face, and often puts me off. We have searched for a solution to this and woundered if you could give us some ideas so we go about solving it.
Currently in Jordan Housley's garage:
1.4 Mk2 clio
  5 Lastest Threads by Jordan Housley
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Creaking sunroof!! Driving me nuts! Bodywork BillaBongBaby 3 1476 28th December 2011 04:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome