Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus Fuel Filler Flap will not open

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2011
Andrew Rose
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Modus Fuel Filler Flap will not open

This tip definitely worked, thank you. Although I did have to read the instructions more than once, because of not knowing what the "solenoid" looks or feels like, and where the lever was located. I also made the mistake of trying to feel down towards where I imagined the lever would be in line with the petrol flap.

So to help out a bit, the lever is on the left-hand side of the "solenoid" which is attached to the outer wall of the car panel (towards the outside of the car).
You can feel a cable or tube running down from the solenoid (about the size of a regular matchbox) towards the flap.
Feel towards the left of the solenoid for the lever. Once you know where to find it, it is quite easy to repeat the action.

Referring to a comment above, I can also confirm that "the plunger has dropped", and the flap will naturally not close. Does this mean that the next step is to replace the solenoid, or is it a part that can be repaired or reconditioned?
Currently in Andrew Rose's garage:
2005 Renault Modus
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome