Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic rear brake trouble!!!!!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
scenic rear brake trouble!!!!!!!

Hi there first post on site here goes!! replaced rear pads on girlfriends scenic have haynes manual and it says release handbrake before starting! knowing that there is an automatic hand brake that comes on when you swith the ignition off i chocked the wheels with the engine running and simply sliped the cable out from the caliper then turned off engine, the cable retracted i could then change the pads which i did without problem! on reasembly i thought put wheel back on, drive forward a little and chock the wheel and hopfully the cable would be able to be just pushed back on to calliper! no luck they have both stayed retracted! have i ballsed this up big style?? how can i get the hand brake cables back in to the calliper?? please any info welcome. Girlfriend pleased i changed the pads but annoyed she has no hand brake
Currently in markysparky71's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by markysparky71
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
scenic rear brake trouble!!!!!!! Brakes/Hubs markysparky71 3 914 31st December 2011 05:05 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome