Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grand pile of seven seat rubbish Scenic!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Grand pile of seven seat rubbish Scenic!

I am writing this on New years Eve as my car is again at the Renault dealer for yet more work. I have a 2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 and it has to be the worst car I have ever had the miss-pleasure to own. I think being caught with your trousers down by the missus is less stressful!
This year I have had..... wait or it..
2 fuel pumps.
1 new fuel tank
1 new dash
1 cam sensor
2 Dephaser pulleys
1 TDC sensor
1 Additional TDC loom
so far costing in excess of 2500.00.
The car was supposed to be fixed today as it was supposed to be part exchanged today and the deal has fallen through after the useless Renault technicians who assured me the Dephaser would cure the starting and cutting out problems, this is after I was assured that all problems were cured 2 weeks ago after cutting out in heavy traffic.
The AA were called out and got it started but it cut out again whilst accelerating to join a dual carriage way, Nearly being hit by 2 cars and an articulated lorry.
So the car went to the dealership who I must say are as much use as a Chocolate Fireguard on a Summers Day before Christmas and have had many conversations with them and have suggested several possibilities such as the ECT sensor which could solve the over fueling as there is a strong smell of fuel when it decides to start.

So waiting till after New Year to hear another total load of crap and have the car off the road so another Muppet can get his hands oily.

All in all I have lost my deposit on my new car as this pile was meant to go to auction in 3 days so the deal has fallen through.
With the bill so far of 2500 for work carried out this year by the dealer and the 2000 part ex price (which I have now lost!) and the 500 deposit (also lost) this car has cost me 5,000.
These cars are like the Lancia's of the early 80's.
I have ran Impreza Turbo 's and several high powered exotic cars and they were far cheaper to run when you consider repair bills and reliability and a dealer network who employ idiots.
Currently in humble's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 Dynamique

Last edited by dave_mezza2006; 31st December 2011 at 09:58 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by humble
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Grand pile of seven seat rubbish Scenic! Cars & motoring Dinnie 6 1815 31st December 2011 07:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome