Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - water in foot well and under back seat

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 1st January 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: water in foot well and under back seat

I have finally discovered the source of my wet rear passenger footwell today. I had the usual sunroof leaks above the sun visor etc and fixed this 2 months ago by completely removing the sunroof, cleaning, stripping and resealing with black sikaflex sealent. However, after driving in heavy rain i noticed the underside of the rear passenger mat was wet. I removed the rear seat cushions, peeled the carpet back and felt that the fibre under matting was drenched. I neatly cut out a section with a stanley knife and left to dry. I tried the door seals, sunroof, rear light clusters but could not induce the leak again when parked up. I got my son to hose the underside of the car and hey presto ! Niagra Falls appeared. There is a metal plug / bung half covered by the black sound deadening material in the rear footwell and when hosed directly underneath, the puddles poured in. I am waiting for it to dry out and then remove / reaseal before refitting carpets again. I have phone pics of said annoying feature of anyone needs them, then message me.
Regards, Phil and his soon to be drier Clio.
Currently in flipclio's garage:
2002 clio 1.5dci
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flipclio For This Useful Post:
IT66 (28th August 2012), KCdriver (5th April 2013), VelSatisfied (1st January 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome