Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing 97 scenic tape player

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 29th September 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Not a lot of help, I know, but I'm pretty sure that "Tuner List" just describes a range of car stereos made for Renault by VDO Dayton. I'm not sure if "Tuner List" is Renault's rebranding of the VDO product, or whether it's one that VDO use themselves. I've known Renault to keep the original manufacturer's name (Blaupunkt, Philips etc.) or rebadge with their own (Cabasse etc.)

I can't swear that display and remote interfaces will be the same, though I'd expect them to be. I think the real compatibility issues creep in when you try to interface a CD changer.

Having a CD/Radio head unit doesn't preclude fitting a changer. In fact, that's the exact configuration that my car came with from the factory (though a radio/cassette head with CD changer would have been more versatile.) The modes just step through AM/FM/Single CD/Changer (not necessarily in that order) rather than the AM/FM/Cassette/Changer that you'd expect from a radio/cassette/CD changer combination.

I don't think the changer cable is present in cars that don't have the changer as standard, but I could be wrong. The standard changer is branded with both Renault and Alpine logos, but it doesn't use the standard Alpine AI-Net interface, so I assume this is either VDO's standard or something specific to Renault.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome