Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 16v Juddering Problem NEED HELP!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Clio 1.2 16v Juddering Problem NEED HELP!

Hi all, this is first post, unfortunately its for advice/help please. Please move this to the appropriate section if this is in the wrong one admins!

I appreciate any feedback!

I have a strange problem with my 16v extreme which started happening a few days ago, I will try and explain this as best as I can.

Every now and then when I am driving my gear stick judders violently (and so does the car) when I change gear and start to accelerate. But sometimes it happens when I am already in gear and my rev's are up (normal conditions). I recently topped up the engine oil which reduced the number of times this was happening (btw the car only judders for about 2 seconds). Whilst the car is juddering it seems to lose power and the revs drop and it doesn't respond to the accelerator, after a few seconds it suddenly starts to respond and accelerate again and the juddering stops. This happens with a hot and cold engine. Today driving home I figured out then when the car is juddering if I take my foot completely off the accelerator it stops juddering! and when I put my foot back on it starts to judder again (only sometimes not all the time). This problem has got me very concerned and and scared to go out driving in-case I break down on a motorway or something. This is my very first car as I'm 18 and don't have a clue about cars (apart from general maintenance) . Thanks a lot everyone
Currently in kristianbowler's garage:
Renault Clio Extreme 1.2 16V
  5 Lastest Threads by kristianbowler
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
New alloys + tyers, very concerned about... Wheels & tyres coup 5 1780 14th July 2012 02:24 AM
A few questions about clio k2 and some... Exterior styling coup 1 1240 1st June 2012 12:21 AM
A few MOT related questions Cars & motoring kristianbowler 2 905 24th May 2012 08:38 PM
Headlight/indicator weird problem flashing dipped... Electronics lancs dave 17 6093 6th May 2012 01:15 AM
Clio cruise control General tuning coup 2 2801 26th April 2012 08:46 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome