Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - child car booster seats new law monday

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 24th September 2006
the coach man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to the coach man
Originally Posted by lolyton View Post
I was having a quick look, and found that children must have the correct restraint on.....the only exception is a taxi!?!? If there is going to be an accident then chances are an idiot driving a taxi is going to cause it (sorry to all sensible taxi drivers who may read this, just talking from past experiences and i know not all are the same). Also does this not at the same time make travelling on virually every single bus in the land illegal, there isn't really a big difference crashing at 40+ on a bus than there is crashing at 30+ in the car is there?
If we make rules it should held strong in every situation and not just be neglected in a few circumstances.....accidents are accidents people try not to cause them and by there nature they can happen anywhere and they do so why do we have exceptions to the rules?!?
I live part time in Spain where they have horrendous crashes because mostly they are bloody idiots on the road (sorry again to all sensible Spanish drivers... i may mention i have never seen or met one after thousands upon thousands of kilometres of driving), the worst of it is that when a new law comes in (which they are doing rapidly to stop mass lack of life) if the public don't like it they ALL ignore it making it impossible to enforce thus causing more lack of life.
Can people not see that life is not something to be messed about with, more and more people own cars so roads are getting more and more dangerous. People need to adhere to sensible safety laws, which have been researched by people backed by more money and intelligence than me or you! I have 2 young kids and would never go into a taxi if it didn't have a child seat in it for both my children.

Just a little rant, sorry the red mist came up and i wasn't sure what i was saying!

In here, Lolyton spoke about riding on a bus.
Because busses stop frequently, there is no need to use seatbelts because the driver wouldn't be able to enforce the law.
When the law was changed last Monday, it was also changed for coaches.
If you're travelling on a coach, you now have to wear a belt, or face a fine of 30 if stopped by the police. The driver only has to give a verbal notice to his passengers to use the belts for their own safety, and then he is not liable for the fine's incurred by the passengers.
At the moment, there is no law for minors under 14 to wear a belt.
Who would supply the booster seats?
The coach company? The parent? The school?

Thats the problem. My employer takes local school children out every day, if we was to take 1 school out to Alton Towers, we would need about 200 boosters for the day.
I don't think my boss would be happy buying all of them!!

Currently in the coach man's garage:
Bloody big coach (460 BHP and under 8mpg) & Laguna I phase II 2.0 RXE (dimised) and a Ford Mondeo Ghia-X 2.5 V6 '99.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome