Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Buying advice and reviews please.

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2012
Big Dav
Diamond member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Buying advice and reviews please.

Please don't be too critical of poor response - some of us have had severe storms/powercuts to contend with!
I had a standard length Mk3 Espace 2000reg at 5 years old. The car did what was asked of it and behaved well, it was a 2 litre RT-X. When I bought it the main item I was told to watch for was a failing dashboard but since those early days various companies have appeared here that do a cheaper fix than Renault's offering. My car did not develop the problem and I had that car for 5 years. Prior to trading the car (for a Mk4 Espace) I had learned from another owner that the clutch master & slave cylinder repair was a nightmare and costly to fix. Again, I did not encounter that problem. Several other people I know had latter Mk3 Espace cars which gave excellent service with many of the owners have numerous kids and undertook an annual holiday to France in their Espaces. Of those owners only one did not replace their Mk3 with a Mk4, of those who did replace with a Mk4 the only disappointed owner was one who had many problems with a pre-owned 2.0 petrol turbo .
When trying the car for size ensure rear seat passengers remain fully comfortable as the rear seat area floor is a good 3-4 inches shallower than the front seat floor area.
Hope this helps in some way.
Currently in Big Dav's garage:
2010 Renault Espace 2.0dci
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dav For This Useful Post:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome