Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear Doors link between outer handle and lock

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Rear Doors link between outer handle and lock

The metal link which connects the exterior rear door handle to the lock has snapped or broke on both my rear doors. The doors open from the inside but not from the outside. I think I can fix it without buying a new lock but I don't know how the metal link was attatched when it was working. Can I buy just the metal link without forking out for a new lock? I've read threads that describe the way to open the doors when the childlock is on but I can't find any pictures of what the metal link looks like when it's in place working and not broken. The haynes manual doesn't have any info or pictures. Can I buy the metal link separately? How do I fit it if I can get one because I don't know what the working position of the metal link is. I read on one of the threads that it is such a weak design link for such a high use piece of equipment and I agree. Somebody please point me in the right direction.
Currently in kieron's garage:
2000 Renault Megane 1.4
  5 Lastest Threads by kieron
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Torsion Bar Attatchments Steering and Suspension Phil48 2 670 20th February 2014 12:32 PM
Rear doors won't open Interiors kieron 0 647 2nd March 2012 09:48 PM
Rear Doors link between outer handle and lock Bodywork OUTLOOKER 3 1915 7th January 2012 11:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome