Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 3 tourer - water in door

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2012
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Re: Laguna 3 tourer - water in door

Originally Posted by ihateliver View Post
I've got a Laguna 3 hatchback (57 plate) and I've recently found the same problem - rear nearside door.
I began to hear a significant "sloshing" sound and when I investigated and pulled the large plug from the bottom of the door, about 3 litres of water gushed out !

Gruff, have you discovered anything else? I'm leaving the plug off for now to let it drain properly.
If there are drain holes, why is there a plug as well ?
For situations like this!

I've never seen a door cavity on a car that didn't have some permanently open drains at the bottom of it - it's simply not feasible to have a completely water-tight seal on a moving pane of glass...

What usually happens on the Lag 2s is the rubber seal attached to the bottom of the door 'sticks' to the bottom of the door and blocks the drain hole, simply pulling it away from the door slightly and cleaning under it regularly prevents this happening, although I don't know if the set-up is the same on the Lag 3...

If you can't see anything there, you'll have to pull the door card and shine a torch down in the bottom of the door to see if you can find it and poke the debris out. It may be useful to have a helper chuck a bucket of water over the window to see if you've got an unreasonable amount coming in as well.

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
The Following User Says Thank You to Azurael For This Useful Post:
ihateliver (14th January 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome