Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - Door Speaker Size

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2012
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Clio II - Electronics - Door Speaker Size

Aka 130 / 135mm

A lot of the boxes (at least in 'frauds) will list which cars they fit, if that's any help. All the 5.25" ones have Clio II front/rear door on the list.

Not sure what the ones on the dash would be (I have grille perforations there), probably troublesome 3.5"ers like on my old Polo, but far more of a bugger to get at and only likely to be provided for on crazy-spec models.

Can't say I've been massively impressed by the ones in mine, they certainly do the job quite well for OEM fitment on an economy car but objectively are boomy, muffled and have poorly balanced EQ. Figure I might splash on some JBLs at some point, as they were a revelation when I swapped a set into a previous car and we also use their domestic hi-fi models at work where they maintain clarity upto quite uncomfortable volumes when married to a beefy amplifier.

However, is it true the default head units only put out 10w per channel? Even the cheap Sony tape HU I swapped in along with those JBLs could push out 45w per channel. Whether one of them is measuring in RMS and the other in PMPO, though... ??
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome