Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #128 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

Originally Posted by dci130_andy View Post
Hi guys

my dash started flickering and resetting itself then finally last tuesday it gave up and went completely off,after reading on here i went in search of a repairer,there is now a guy on ebay doing the repair for 120

i was all set to send it off but thought id give renault a call to make a complaint about it

my car is nearly 4 years old soon and is laready out of warrenty,but after i complained that its dangerous and not acceptable for a car of this age + the amount of folks whos endured the same issue he said that renault would cover the cost if the panel was diagnosed as faulty

went into renault thursday and panel was diagnosed as dead,renault fitted new one and picked up today with no charge whatsoever,only issue is now my mileage reads 0 again

(but thankyou renault and i advise any one else to try ringing first as customer services footed 100% of my bill)
my dash just went blank two days ago. When I read your thread I called my local dealer and they have booked me in for 150. They said thus the best they can do since the whole amount is 600. Can you please tell me which dealer youu went to.I live in Coventry but can go anywhere as long as they fix my dash free of charge.
Currently in mavhu's garage:
2003 renault scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome