Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic ABS warning

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2012
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Grand Scenic ABS warning

Originally Posted by hobbesy007 View Post
Just fitted new brake pads and discs to the rear of a 54 Scenic grand, now the problems have started all over again.
Have you had previous trouble with the ABS warning light?

Originally Posted by hobbesy007 View Post
....the brakes work fine and there's no skidding so I'm guessing the ABS is working too.
As far as I'm concerned if the ABS warning light is staying on the ABS system isn't working can you say for sure that the car doesn't skid and that the ABS system is working?

I found the best way to test the ABS was to find either a gravel surface or a loose surface like waste ground, you need to get up to about 30 mph then if you brake hard you will feel the brake pedal pulse as the ABS works, different cars give different feelings through the peddle.

Did the warning light come on as soon as the new discs were fitted or a day or so after?

Please take the time to enter your vehicle details in the "What's current in your garage?" box.

To do this:
Hover over the "TOOLS" tab at the top of the page
> then in the dropdown click on "User Dashboard"
> click on "Edit Your Details" at the top Left hand side.
> scroll down to the "What's current in your garage?" box and enter your vehicle details.
> Once the details are entered scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

> Done.
Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome