Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - resetting powerfold mirrors

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: resetting powerfold mirrors

This may be be a small bit off the original post,but this thread is the closest to the problem I encountered.On my Laguna II my passenger side mirror began to act up when I tried to retract it with the button in the car.It would retract sometimes,and then it would not fold back out again.Then sometimes it would retract partially and stop halfway in.What a pain!
Anyway,having looked at the forum and seen what others have to say, I decided to have a look for myself. This morning I took the mirror off to see if there was any glaring problems.Mirror off, and I couldn't see any obvious things.Put some WD40 on the moving parts and replaced the mirror with my fingers crossed.No joy!!Took the mirror off again. Didn't know what I was looking for to be honest.The gods must have been smiling on me however.I released the wiring which is held in place by a large piece of foam and what do you know.One of the wires had corroded and split.I spliced the wire back together and put the mirror back together. I put the mirror back on the car and had my fingers crossed.I tried the mirror switch and both sided retracted.Success! Hope this might be of use to others with a similar problem.
Currently in Meganic's garage:
2003 Laguna II 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome