Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylinder

View Single Post
post #60 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylind

Hi everyone,
I seem to be having the same clutch pedal problem as most of you. The car has had this fault ever since i bought it Five years ago but hasn't got any worse, However as i am selling it i thought i should do something about it!
So far i have only changed the brake fluid and bleed the complete system including the clutch side due to me changing the brake discs and pads, however this didn't work (Clutch system shares the brake resovoir).
I have now decided to go with the next cheapest option which is to fit one of those pedal springs everyone is talking about. I called Renault and they said my 1.9Dci wasn't on the recall list in 2006 and that he hadn't even heard of the fault! This i found hard to believe so i ordered a chlutch pedal spring (which is in the catalogue for my model) anyway. It's part number is 7701473045 and it cost me 3.85. I would put a picture of it on here but i am having trouble putting it on (If someone can tell me how then i will). Basically it has an overall length of 84mm with it's spring being 48mm long. On the ends there are plastic locators which are different at each end.
Now for the killer question!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0764.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	14981  
Currently in barry_stearman's garage:
Laguna II 52
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome