Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylinder

View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylind

Quick update guys,
Right, i have seen where this clutch spring is fitted but it looks as if it assists in the pushing down of the pedal and not the return of it. So to that end i might have bought the wrong spring, however i fitted it anyway just in case they have made the new ones weaker to allow for the pedal to return easier. As you can see the new spring that i fitted is yellow and the one i removed was bare, so i don't know whether there is any meaning to it.
It doesn't take long at all (Took me about 10mins).
I pulled the retaining clip out from the clutch pedal side of the felt under panel and just twisted it out of the way to allow for better access.
Now for the fiddly bit, with one hand pushing the clutch pedal to the floor and the other hand using a screwdriver to gently prise the botton of the spring out of its recess, you can then use your third hand to push the bottom end of the spring up further into the cabin compartment. This allows you the room to remove the top end and let the spring to drop out to the floor.
To fit the new one first locate the top end of the spring then again with clutch pedal down use a screwdriver to prise the bottom of the spring back into its recess.
Replace felt under panel.
Job done!
Now i don't know yet if this has fixed the fault as i might have just fitted and explained to you guys how to fit a spring that has nothing to do with the fault!!
But hey, lets hope its all is good.
Currently in barry_stearman's garage:
Laguna II 52
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome