Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - GRAND Modus Better Ride? Why No 106 dCi Quickshift?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: GRAND Modus Better Ride? Why No 106 dCi Quickshift?

Originally Posted by Trevor2522 View Post
One says same ride as SWB; another says smoother.

Yes, some good Motability bargains but they all need cambelts replaced at 5 years, for which Renault will relieve you of around 500.
I think a lot has to do with what tyres are fitted, mine has continental fitted as standard and they give a smooth ride, as do dunlop & avon tyres. Michelin give a harder ride and some of the budget brands make the ride either to soft or to hard which can effect breaking/steering.
At the moment I have Avon Ice Touring winter tyres fitted (since mid Dec) and it make the car O-So-Smooth, it's a pitty that I will have to revert to standard fit tyres (see above) when spring arrives or the temprature rises above 8*c for a long time
My son had a cambelt plus pulleys and a water pump fitted to his Scenic 2 1600cc at Halfords about 4 monts ago and the bill was about 320. the local Renault dealer wanted well over 600.
If any one lives in the southend -on - sea area, try French Car-Nection for excellent service and prices way lower than Renault Dealers.
Currently in 110723's garage:
2008 Grand Modus 1.6 Automatic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome