Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - VOSA Matters Of Testing 06/11

View Single Post
post #59 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2012
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: new offical mot laws

Originally Posted by Mikeinho View Post
With you all the way on the subject of bulbs for bikers. However, I fitted Philips Motovision bulbs to my Yamaha FZ6-SA. I'm not a night biker, so extra bright bulbs weren't going to help me. Motovision bulbs, rather than dazzle, give-off a slight golden orange reflection to help other drivers spot you comming up behind them.

I'll admit that some drivers can find motorcycle headlights distracting at times, but that's partly due to the poor conditions of our UK roads. When a bike hits an uneven surface, it jumps around more than a car would, and so causing a flickering effect to other road users.

I avoided doing the dual fox light mod on my bike, as apparently it does dazzle oncomming traffic, and would be an MOT failure in any case.
i agree with you on the flickering, but my 1100 is a big single light,i have it set slightly low so that it does,nt blind car drivers, but like you said ,the state of the roads, with the amount of money they take of all motorists we should be enjoying our rides insted of dodging pot holes and manhole covers in the arch of corners, nice when wet, not.. still they will rip us of even more with new mot pricing,
Currently in kevvy's garage:
1998 laguna and kawasaki zephyr1100
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome