Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Consumption problem?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Fuel Consumption problem?

Ok, I'm back. AGAIN.

The first set of fuel consumption problems and consequent strong smell of fuel were apparently caused by the fuel leak off pipe having split and diesel pouring on to the starter motor. FIXED? It STILL stinks on startup!

Second set of fuel consumption problems were down to the air intake pipe having not been reconnected properly the first time resulting in a higher air intake than was needed resulting in poor fuel economy. FIXED. Apparently.

Still averaging around 35mpg and getting sick of it.

And if all that wasn't bad enough, my automatic handbrake decided to fail as I was parked on a hill, the car rolled down a bank and smashed into a lamppost wrecking the front passenger door which resulted in a 1300 bill but as the dealership manager had simply and abruptly told me to go through my insurance, it has already cost me 2 years NCB and my 250 excess and to top all that, want 750 to replace the corroded cable and handbrake motor!

Car cost me over 7500 and in the 14 months I have owned it, it could have cost me over a third of that in repairs! An absolute joke and it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in Renault!

It is currently in the garage being repaired (I think) so will report back when I have any news.
Currently in zipman23's garage:
2007 Scenic 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome