Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Consumption problem?

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Fuel Consumption problem?

Originally Posted by TTT View Post

Sorry to hear that your car has been damaged by rolling away, but it was lucky that it only hit a lamp post, it could have killed someone or caused a very nasty accident.

You should always leave a car parked in gear, just in case the handbrake does fail.

I know that now and have done so ever since and even though they say the cable has corroded and needs replacing along with the motor, it has worked perfectly since which is remarkably strange as it only malfunctioned for about 10-15 seconds and if I hadn't dived in through the passenger door and pressed the brake to make the car stop (I pulled handbrake lever and it still didn't work) it would have killed the lady behind me! Had I been in the boot 5 seconds longer than I was it would have gone over me and probably seriously injured if not killed me!

Renault UK said they will contribute 50% but that still leaves me having to pay the other half of about 376 which I certainly dont have especially as I now have to pay an increased insurance premium as that is up on the 19th! I'm absolutely sick of Renaults and the dealership I bought it from which I also now know I cant name and it's safe to say the chances of me ever buying another one are extremely slim!
Currently in zipman23's garage:
2007 Scenic 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome