Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Pass MOT Clio 3 2009 LHD

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th January 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Pass MOT Clio 3 2009 LHD

I looked for answers to this questions in the forum but I couldnīt find what I need.

Iīm going to bring over my car and I want to register it in UK. As it is not UK made, the first thing I need to do is to pass the MOT, and to do that I have to change the headlights and the speedmeter.
If I take it to a workshop it will probably cost me more than 500p (right?). So I was thinking on how to make it cheaper:
- Somewhere I read that some LHD cars donīt need the headlights to be changed for passing the MOT, anyone knows if that is true for the Clio 3? Iīm afraid if I ask a MOT workshop they would tell I have to change them even if thereīs no need.
- Is there any way in which I can convert the speedmeter to MPH without changing the whole dashboard? I saw some stickers for sell, but Iīm not sure if would pass the MOT with that.

The last resort I guess would be go to a scrap yard, try to get the headlights and dashboard from there and try to change them by myself.

Thank you very much
Currently in hache's garage:
Renault Clio 3 2009 1.5dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by hache
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Pass MOT Clio 3 2009 LHD Cars & motoring hache 0 553 18th January 2012 10:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome