Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bonnet release cable Scenic Fidji

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2012 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Bonnet release cable Scenic Fidji

I need to replace the bonnet release cable on my 02 1.6 Scenic Fidji. I have rigged up a heath robinson affair so I am all right for the time being. I notice that oddly as I stood over the engine bay the cables goes to the passenger side of the engine bay yet the release lever is under the driver's footwell? Sem like rather a long short cut sending it that way ,but hey what do I know? So has anyone fitted a new cable? Easy peasy or run for the hills kinda job? A non Renault dealer gave me a throw a way quote of 150. I do know of several scenics, same age, in local scrapyards so secondhand parts might be an option. It has broken at the bonnet end, liitle black plastic part seems to be broken but lead type end of cable is in tact.
All sugestions welcome.
Currently in gframe287's garage:
Renault Scenic Fidji 1600cc 2002
  5 Lastest Threads by gframe287
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Bonnet release cable Scenic Fidji Bodywork gframe287 6 5215 19th January 2012 08:28 PM
1993 Clio Auto, what does this switch do? Electronics Lagdti 1 850 3rd August 2010 10:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome