Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hazard switch 02 16v Clio Dynamique

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2012
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Hazard switch 02 16v Clio Dynamique

I have a problem with my hazard light switch. I easily removed it with a flat screw driver and popping out the hazard button (not the whole panel) and pulling out the switch.

My problem is, hazards turn on but won't click off. Second time I have had this morning. First time was at the MOT garage so I had to drive home with finger holding the switch. Replaced the hazard switch to get the car through its MOT. Now two year later, same problem, even though the hazards have not been used (only tested last feb when in for MOT).

Every Jan/Feb when car goes for an MOT, something goes wrong - I guess the car doesn't like going to the garage. It was booked in for MOT today but had to cancel because I need another hazard switch.

It seems a common problem with Clio's. Anyone know what causes this fault and if a switch from a different car would fit? I know when I replace the switch for the second time, the problem will return sooner or later.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome